Thank you so much for subscribing to my newsletter!
As promised, below are my Top 5 Inexpensive Ways to Shop Organic and at the bottom of this page are some of my most popular posts.
1) BULK BINS
Most people may not realize it but buying nuts, grains, pasta, beans, dried fruit and candy from the bulk bins can save you a significant amount of money.
I recently compared the prices of food sold in bulk containers vs. that same food sold in pre-packaged bags.
Organic Dried Mango
Bulk Container: $11.29 per Pound
Pre-packaged Bag: $27.84 per Pound
Bulk Container: $2.49 per Pound
Pre-packaged Bag: $4.96 per Pound
2) VEGETABLES AT BIG-BOX RETAILERS
Wal-Mart and Costco both have a good selection of organic food products.
3) PRIVATE LABEL PRODUCTS
Several large supermarket chains have their own line of organic food products that are often more competitive in price than well-known national brands.
4) FARMERS’ MARKETS AND CSAs
Farmers markets are practically everywhere these days and offer the general public locally-grown, organic food. Because the produce comes straight from the farm and avoids any middlemen, I often find the prices to be much better than most supermarkets.
Many farms offer a community-supported agriculture (CSA) program. This program will allow you to purchase a subscription or membership in the farm.
After spending a lot of time researching the Internet for organic food coupons and clicking on many links that claim to have what I am looking for, I have come up with the following conclusion: The best bet is to go directly to the websites of your favorite organic brands or supermarkets.
A majority of them offer coupons on their homepages, and I have compiled several of them here.
Cascadian Farm – must join the newsletter to receive coupons.
Earth’s Best – available through the company’s loyalty program.
Earthbound Farm – available through the company’s Organic Bound program.
Eden Organic – sign-up for newsletter and receive periodic savings on products.
Organic Valley – sign-up for the newsletter for special offers.
Lifeway Kefir – register to receive monthly coupons.
Pacific Natural Foods – fill out form to receive available coupons.
Simply Organic – click on the product of your choice, print. 8 coupons to choose from.
Stonyfield – create profile to receive coupons.
Whole Foods Market – big selection of coupons to choose from. Also, check their in-store guide The Whole Deal for additional coupons.
Here are some of my more important, interesting and popular posts.
WHY EAT ORGANIC?
* Organic has more antioxidants, much fewer pesticides, and less cadmium than conventionally-grown – Read
* Eating organic can decrease pesticide exposure by 90% – Read
* Toxic flame retardants found in conventional food – Read
* Organic milk offers superior nutrition than conventional milk – Read
* GMOs and weedkiller found in conventional cereal – Read
* Top 5 organic food trends for 2017 – Read
* The shameful truth of the Naked Juice class action lawsuit settlement – Read
* Is Non-GMO better than organic? – Read
* My most powerful juice recipe yet – Read
* Do I ever cheat? – Read
* How organic food played a crucial role in my quitting 11 years of antidepressants – Read
* How I view food? – Read
* 10 organic foods you’ll always find in my kitchen – Read
* Was taking Prozac in college the right decision? – Read