Bitsy’s Brainfood makes great organic cereal and smart cookies for kids, and Maggie and Alex started the company because when they went to the grocery store to shop for kids, the healthy aisle wasn’t any fun. So, they decided to create fun products for kids that were organic, healthy, and packed with fruits and vegetables as well.
Aside from making great products, Maggie Jones Patton and Alex Buckley Voris are two of the most creative people in the organic industry. They won my Best Trade Show Booth Award at Expo West 2013, Expo West 2014, and Expo East 2014. Yes, they won it three times. (Click the links to see pictures of the booths)
Enjoy the video!
WHAT IS PERISCOPE AND HOW CAN YOU WATCH?
Purchased earlier this year by Twitter, Periscope is an app that allows you to watch “live” broadcasts from all over the world on your phone, tablet, or computer.
If you have never heard of Periscope or haven’t used it before,
1) Go to Periscope.tv and download the app. There is one for iOS and one for Android.
2) Sign in with your Twitter credentials.
3) Search for: livingmaxwell and follow me.
4) Allow for notifications, so you will be notified when my shows goes “live”.
Once the show is “live”, you can type in questions and tap the screen twice to give “hearts”.
You can also watch from the web, through the link that I will automatically Tweet out (on the livingmaxwell Twitter feed) as soon as I go “live”.
By watching on the web, however, you won’t be able to ask questions or give hearts.
Replays will be available for 24 hours after the broadcast, on both the web and the app. After that, the broadcasts disappear on Periscope.
WHAT I WILL BE TALKING ABOUT
My regularly scheduled organic food TV shows will be on Mondays and Thursdays at 3PM EST. I know that everyone’s time is very valuable, so I am keeping my shows to 12 minutes long and my plan is to:
– Interview organic food founders & CEOs from the biggest and most compelling brands in the industry.
– Showcase the newest and best organic products.
– Take viewers to all of the organic/natural food trade shows that I attend.
– Give people the most important organic food news, tips, and information.
– Broadcast from the best organic restaurants and juice bars in the country.
Along with my organic food TV shows, I will also be doing guided meditation, at 7AM EST, Monday through Friday.
SUGGESTIONS FOR GUESTS AND SHOWS / FEEDBACK
If you have any suggestions for guests or want to give feedback, I’d love to hear from you. Please Tweet me @livingmaxwell.
Thank you so much, and I look forward to seeing you on the show!
Want to stay up-to-date on the most important news and products in the organic food world?
To join my newsletter list, please enter your email below and I’ll send you my Top 5 Inexpensive Ways to Shop Organic.