The other day on the Living Maxwell Show on Periscope, I interviewed fellow Brown University alum Tyler Gage, Co-Founder and CEO of Runa.
Runa is a fascinating organic company that sells a brand of tea called guayusa.
Guayusa (pronounced gwhy-you-sa) is found in the Amazon, and it not only has more caffeine than coffee but essential amino acids as well, providing a burst of energy. What makes guayusa truly unique, however, is that it doesn’t contain any tannins, so it doesn’t have the astringency that you’ll find in every other tea.
Runa is also making a huge impact on indigenous farming communities in Ecuador, where it is growing and sourcing guayusa. Through its activities in this South American country, it has improved the livelihood of 3,000 indigenous Amazonian farmers, invested $50,000 each year for community development, and purchased $250,000 worth of guayusa from farmers in remote villages.
To be able to create and grow a very compelling organic beverage brand while at the same time making a positive impact on the environment and local community is what it is all about. This company is doing some really cool and important work.
Enjoy the video!
WHAT IS PERISCOPE AND HOW CAN YOU WATCH?
Purchased earlier this year by Twitter, Periscope is an app that allows you to watch “live” broadcasts from all over the world on your phone, tablet, or computer.
If you have never heard of Periscope or haven’t used it before,
1) Go to Periscope.tv and download the app. There is one for iOS and one for Android.
2) Sign in with your Twitter credentials.
3) Search for: livingmaxwell and follow me.
4) Allow for notifications, so you will be notified when my shows goes “live”.
Once the show is “live”, you can type in questions and tap the screen twice to give “hearts”.
You can also watch from the web, through the link that I will automatically Tweet out (on the livingmaxwell Twitter feed) as soon as I go “live”.
By watching on the web, however, you won’t be able to ask questions or give hearts.
Replays will be available for 24 hours after the broadcast, on both the web and the app. After that, the broadcasts disappear on Periscope.
WHAT I WILL BE TALKING ABOUT
My regularly scheduled organic food TV shows will be on Mondays and Thursdays at 3PM EST. I know that everyone’s time is very valuable, so I am keeping my shows to 12 minutes long and my plan is to:
– Interview organic food founders & CEOs from the biggest and most compelling brands in the industry.
– Showcase the newest and best organic products.
– Take viewers to all of the organic/natural food trade shows that I attend.
– Give people the most important organic food news, tips, and information.
– Broadcast from the best organic restaurants and juice bars in the country.
Along with my organic food TV shows, I will also be doing guided meditations, at 7AM EST, Monday through Friday.
SUGGESTIONS FOR GUESTS AND SHOWS / FEEDBACK
If you have any suggestions for guests or want to give feedback, I’d love to hear from you. Please Tweet me @livingmaxwell.
Thank you so much, and I look forward to seeing you on the show!