How can a super-toxic weedkiller — which is known to the State of California to cause cancer — be allowed to be sprayed on our nation’s food supply?
It is an absolute outrage that our government is permitting this to happen, especially when the latest President’s Cancer Panel report said that 41% of Americans will get cancer and 21% of Americans will die from cancer.
Now is the time to tell our government ‘No’ to glyphosate, as it is considering to reapprove this toxic chemical for another 15 years.
We have until midnight on April 30th to let the EPA know that we want this chemical banned forever, and it is essential that everyone’s voice be heard.
HERE IS WHAT WE KNOW
– Glyphosate is the primary ingredient in Monsanto’s RoundUp and is the most widely-sprayed chemical in the world, with approximately 250 million pounds used each year in the U.S. and 1.65 billion pounds globally.
– The World Health Organization has said that glyphosate is a “probable human carcinogen”, which means that it “probably causes cancer.”
– The State of California has said that glyphosate is “known to cause cancer”.
– Because of such widespread usage, 93% of Americans now have glyphosate in their bodies!
– Widely-sprayed on conventional food crops and because of drift, glyphosate is contaminating organic food.
– Overusage of glyphosate has caused a massive epidemic of “super-weeds” throughout the country. This problem was even chronicled by The New York Times.
– Glyphosate poses an existential threat to monarch butterflies and their epic migration by wiping out their host plant, milkweed, from farm fields throughout the Midwest.
– Roundup is incredibly toxic to frogs and is likely contributing to the worldwide decline in amphibians.
TELL THE EPA ‘NO MORE’
The EPA is accepting comments as to whether it should reapprove glyphosate for another 15 years, and we have until midnight on April 30th to let our voices be heard.
While it is very easy to sign an e-petition and it makes us feel good that we took action by making a few clicks on a mouse, the truth is that these e-petitions are not that effective. What is much more effective is to make a comment directly on the government’s website and have it be an official part of the record.
Here is what to do:
1) Click on this link: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0361-0066
2) In the upper right-hand corner, you’ll see a blue button that says “Comment Now!”
Click that button.
3) Leave a comment in the box on that page. Feel free to include any of the information stated above but make sure that you use the words “do not reapprove glyphosate for another 15 years.”
It is completely unacceptable that this super-toxic chemical is allowed to be sprayed on our nation’s farms, parks and schools, and our government needs to hear this from every single one of its citizens.
I have already left my comment on the government’s website. Will you leave yours?
Thank you so much for your time, effort and concern.
(If, for some reason, you get a message that says you need to “correct errors” in your submission of comments, please do the following. In the bottom right-hand corner of the submission box, you will see a red circle with numbers. Hover over that red circle with your mouse and to the left of that red circle, you will see another icon that looks like a power button. Click on that icon and then hit the green button that pops up which says “disable until next visit”. This will disable Grammarly, which is preventing you from having your comments submitted.)
Want to stay up-to-date on the most important news and products in the organic food world?
To join my newsletter list, please enter your email below and I’ll send you my Top 5 Inexpensive Ways to Shop Organic.