1) Practically every single day, I am doing four ounces of wheatgrass. A while ago, I wrote a post about my love/hate affair with wheatgrass but let me tell you something — it is back on in a big, big way!
When I don’t drink my four ounces, I just don’t feel the same. I don’t feel as clean and I don’t feel as healthy. My body is now actually craving the stuff.
2) On top of that, I am drinking green juice 4-6 days per week.
I always use a base of celery or cucumber and then add in one or two of the following: kale, asparagus, dandelion weeds, burdock, radishes, bok choy, and romaine.
I mix up the green juice combination every single day, so it is never the same. Not doing so can cause thyroid problems.
One of the things that Dr. Brian Clement of the Hippocrates Health Institute always talks about is to juice sprouts — because they are loaded with nutritional value.
I hadn’t been doing that at all but when I was in my local organic market the other day, the produce manager told me that he had just gotten in some beautiful sunflower sprouts (below). So, I decided to finally take the plunge.
Sunflower sprouts, or sunflower shoots, contain:
– Tons of Vitamins A, B, D, and E.
– Lots of protein.
– Minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and zinc.
– Chlorophyll, a blood purifier. It is great for the skin and hair, and also helps to detox the body by attaching to the heavy metals, such mercury and lead, and eventually releasing them.
And how did the sunflower sprouts add to the taste of the green juice above?
To be honest, it was hard to tell. There was so much kale in there (the color is unusually dark) that the taste of the sunflower sprouts was completely overpowered.
Including sprouts into my juices is definitely something that I will be doing a lot more of.
Wondering what I use for a juicer?
I have the Green Star 1000 and absolutely LOVE IT. The Green Star 1000 masticates the vegetables, which reduces oxidation and maximizes nutrition levels. Furthermore, it juices wheatgrass – something that not all juicers can do.
There is no question that it is an investment but if you are serious about your health, a high-quality juicer is not an option. It is a necessity.