If you live in New York City and eat organic, there is a very high probability that you are familiar with the brand NibMor. And for good reason.
NibMor makes great tasting chocolate bars, and the company is growing like crazy.
What may not be as well-known is that NibMor produces an excellent vegan drinking chocolate as well.
I first came across this drinking chocolate at the 2011 Expo East trade show in Baltimore and immediately loved it. The drink is smooth, filling, and satisfying, but not overly rich.
A few other notable aspects of this product:
– I don’t regard it as a hot chocolate substitute. You can use cold or hot water with it. Boiling water is not recommended.
– The primary ingredient, cacao powder, is one of most antioxidant rich foods on the planet.
– The sweetener is palm sugar, which is very low on the Glycemic Index.
– It comes in four flavors: Traditional (palm sugar, cacao powder, sea salt), Mint (palm sugar, cacao powder, mint), 6 Spice (palm sugar, cacao powder, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, fennel, cloves, star of anise, white pepper, sea salt), and Maple (maple sugar, palm sugar, cacao powder, sea salt).
My favorite is 6 Spice because it contains so many herbs and spices that have amazing health benefits.
– It is certified organic, Non-GMO verified, fair trade certified, and certified vegan.
Over the past few years, I have gotten to know the founders of NibMor, Jennifer Love and Heather Terry, and I can assure you that these are two very high quality individuals.
If you’re in the mood to try a different kind of chocolate, definitely give NibMor’s drinking chocolate a try.