Are you looking to add an incredibly healthy and nutritious food to your breakfast? You may want to consider organic sprouted chia seed powder.
For those unfamiliar with chia seeds, it is a true superfood that has been around for thousands of years. It is rumored that the Aztecs carried them when they went off to battle because chia seeds provided tremendous amounts of energy and strength.
Interestingly enough, a book that I am now reading now called Born to Run is about an indigenous Mexican people called the Tarahumara.
The Tarahumara are legendary for their ability to run ultra long distances, and their preferred source of energy is Iskiate — the main ingredient of which is chia seeds.
Benefits of Organic Chia Seed Powder
The benefits of organic chia seed powder include:
– High in fiber and rich in protein
– Great source of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
– Plenty of essential fatty-acids and antioxidants, including three grams of Omega 3-s in every serving
– Absorbs more than 12 times its weight in water and therefore prolongs hydration
– Low on the Glycemic Index
– Gluten-free, raw and organic
Why Sprouted Chia Seed Powder vs. Chia Seeds?
The sprouted chia seed powder by Organic Traditions has been properly germinated so as to remove enzyme inhibitors and allows maximum absorption and optimal digestion of the nutrients.
Many people do not know how to soak and dry chia seeds correctly, and it is also a time-consuming process.
Since the sprouted chia seed powder retains so much water, it can be used as a thickening agent. Two ways that I use sprouted chia powder are:
– Smoothies Oftentimes, I need to put in several bananas to make my smoothies thick. With sprouted chia seed powder, it only requres a tablespoon or so to give it the desired thickness.
– Puddings Sprouted chia seed powder makes for a great pudding with milk (nut milk or regular milk), dates and coconut oil.
Furthermore, combining sprouted chia seed powder with raw organic coconut oil will further aid in the body’s assimilation and absorption of all of the nutrients from the chia seeds.
I really like the sprouted chia seed powder from Organic Traditions and it can be purchased HERE.
Want to stay up-to-date on the most important news and products in the organic food world?
To join my newsletter list, please enter your email below and I’ll send you my Top 5 Inexpensive Ways to Shop Organic.