Several days a week, I make smoothies for breakfast.
However, when I am in the mood for something a little lighter, I’ll substitute nuts/seeds with tea. Yes, tea.
While I am completely sold on the medicinal benefits of tea, I am just not a (hot) tea drinker. So, in order to get the huge amounts of antioxidant benefits of tea, I’ll use it in my smoothies.
Today, I made a green tea cacao smoothie.
Organic ingredients used for 2 large glasses:
– 3 cups of cold filtered water
– 3 small bananas
– 3 packets of ActiGreen, a special green tea powder with 3-4x the amounts of antioxidants as normal green tea.
– 1.5 tablespoons of palm sugar
– 1.5 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of Artisana raw coconut oil
– 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
– 3 tablespoons of Boku’s protein powder
Finally, put all of the organic ingredients into the blender for 15 seconds.
Two great things about this smoothie:
1) It can be made in about 2-3 minutes and requires almost no prep time.
2) It is a fantastic recipe to make while traveling. If you’re going somewhere that has a blender, you can literally pack all of the ingredients that you need in order to make yourself a nutritious breakfast in the morning.
And, yes, this green tea cacao smoothie tasted as good as it looks. It is light, refreshing, packed with antioxidants, and won’t weigh you down.