Here is my very first video restaurant review. On this trip, I crossed the bridge (actually I took the subway, which goes underneath the water) over to Brooklyn to check out Rockin’ Raw.
As the name explains, Rockin’ Raw is a raw food restaurant with a very distinct twist to it. The cuisine is a combination of New Orleans/Peruvian/Creole all wrapped into one.
A lot of times you go to raw food restaurants and you see many of the same dishes. Not here. There were items on the menu that I had never seen before and probably won’t again.
– Unique, interesting dishes. Many items were brand new to me and I’ve eaten at my fair share of raw food restaurants all over the country.
– Very spicy. If you like hot, this is your place.
– Excellent service. The waiter even played cameraman for me in the opening shot on the street.
– Loved the garden in the back. Having a garden in a NYC restaurant is a major, major plus.
– One block away from the Bedford Ave. stop on the L Train in Brooklyn.
Rockin’ Raw, 178 North 8 Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211
Click HERE for Map