Expo West 2014 was a particularly difficult show to choose only 5 products, and I easily could have selected 10 or so. The innovation at this year’s expo was fantastic, and it never ceases to amaze me what organic food companies will come up with next.
I have done something different with this year’s awards. Not only did I decide to do it in a video format, but I invited my friend Vani Hari of Food Babe to critique my selections. As you can tell from above, we had so much fun discussing these products, and we plan on repeating this at each subsequent trade show.
My Top 5 Organic Food Products from Natural Products Expo West 2014:
* Mineral Green Elixir from TumericALIVE is the company’s first green formulation. Aside from the great taste, what I loved about this green drink was that it had tons of amazing ingredients such as chlorella, spirulina, barley grass, and cayenne.
* As someone who understands the importance of sea vegetables, I was super-impressed to come across a sea vegetable that I had never seen before -Ter Kelp. Ter Kelp is similar to kelp yet has a sweet taste to it.
Sustainably grown off of the coast of Baja California and tested for heavy metals, Ter Kelp is an incredibly unique product and is also rich in minerals, vitamins, and the all-important iodine.
* The organic baby food category is one that continues to explode, and I came across an extremely compelling product from a company called Oh Baby Foods. Aside from its taste, two things about this baby food stuck out to me.
One, I love that it incorporates a different herb into each flavor. Herbs have strong medicinal properties, and most kids don’t eat enough of them, if any at all. Two, all of the ingredients are grown by U.S. farmers.
* A product that I discovered within the last few hours of the show were the watermelon seeds by Go Raw. These watermelon seeds are sprouted, which makes them more bio-available and easier to digest, and the color changes from black to white after they are hulled. These watermelon seeds are rich in protein, and I like to think of them as a better tasting pumpkin seed.
Once these watermelon seeds get in the hands of the general public, I predict that this product will be a monster hit. They taste that good.
Go Raw’s organic watermelon seeds will be available in April on the company’s website and at Whole Foods Market.
* With all of the talk about high levels of arsenic in rice these days, it is always nice to come across a new vegan protein powder that doesn’t use rice. A company called Raw Green Organics has introduced just that and launched Rawjuvenate, a gluten-free protein powder made from sacha inchi, hemp, flax and peas.
The taste of this protein powder was excellent, and sacha inchi is a superfood that is seldom used in the U.S. but has a long tradition in aiding weight loss and dealing with high cholesterol.
Rawjuvenate protein powder can be purchased online by clicking HERE. A very, very well-formulated product.
Want to learn about the best organic food products?
If so, be sure to Like my Facebook page, follow me on Instagram (pressedjuicedirectory), and sign-up for my newsletter below.
To join my newsletter list, please enter your email below and I’ll send you my Top 5 Inexpensive Ways to Shop Organic.