TO WATCH THE FULL MOVIE, SEE THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST
If you’re like me, you think of Hawaii as this pristine and gorgeous state where you’d love to own a retirement home.
After seeing the YouTube documentary called “Stop Monsanto From Poisoning Hawaii: Genetic Engineering Chemical Warfare”, I think you’ll change your mind pretty quickly.
As it turns out, Hawaii has been the global center for open-field testing for genetically-modified organisms (GMOs). Over 5,000 tests have been conducted by companies such as Monsanto, Dow, Dupont, Syngenta and BASF, and toxic chemicals get sprayed on an almost daily basis.
Furthermore, GMOs contaminate the local organic farms, which make it difficult, if not impossible, for people to grow or consume non-GMO food.
The situation in Hawaii is beyond appalling, and this movie does an excellent job of telling the story of something that very, very few people know about.
I find it mind-boggling that landowners, such as Kamehameha Schools, could allow such beautiful terrain to be treated with such recklessness. Do these people have absolutely no moral compass?
HOW CAN YOU HELP
If you want to fight back against GMOs, here are a few things that you can do.
1) Get involved, donate money, and spread the word about the California ballot initiative to label GMOs.
Right now, we are the only developed country in the world not to label GMOs. If we can make the labeling of GMOs mandatory:
– the demand for GM-food will drop.
– the demand for organic will surge.
– toxic pesticide use will decrease, thus making our water supply cleaner.
In California, citizens – instead of politicians and bureaucrats – will be voting on this issue later this fall and if California approves this measure, other states will most likely do the same.
Please read this post about the California ballot initiative and consider donating money.
I have read that the major chemical and seed companies have committed to spend $60 million to kill this proposed measure.
2) Sign up for Just Label It, the federal campaign headed by Stonyfield’s Gary Hirshberg, and tell the FDA to make GMO-labeling mandatory.
3) Buy organic food, and avoid GM-food. Money is an extremely powerful tool, and we have to vote with our dollars every single time we to go to the market or to a restaurant.