When I attended Natural Products Expo East, I stayed at the Inn at the Black Olive, a 12-suite boutique hotel in Baltimore.
David Wolfe couldn’t stop raving about it and told everyone how the owner of the hotel made fresh juice for him and Woody Harrelson at 3:30AM.
Given that Expo East was in Baltimore this year, instead of Boston, I knew that this was absolutely the place I had to stay.
And just like David Wolfe, I was totally blown away by what I found.
This isn’t just a hotel that has energy efficient light bulbs.
Everything is organic and eco-friendly including:
- Organic mattresses
- Organic sheets and towels
- Eco-friendly cleaning supplies
- Organic bath products
- Filtered water in the showers, bath and sinks
- Sanijet pipeless hydrotherapy spa tubs
- Limestone walls – no VOCs
- Geothermal heating/cooling – saves 70% on energy expenditures
- Energy efficient elevators
- Organic food, spirits and biodynamic wines in the restaurants
- Vegetable-based dyes in the carpets
Not only are the owners of the Inn at the Black Olive incredibly committed to organic but the service is truly outstanding. It is a family-run hotel and all of the owners are there around the clock. And that’s no exaggeration.
Next time you are in Baltimore, definitely check out the Inn at the Black Olive. If there is a more organic hotel in the U.S., I certainly haven’t seen it.
Awesome job Inn at the Black Olive!! I can’t wait to come back!