Written by Max Goldberg. Follow Max on Twitter.
- Why Lifestyle Coaching?
- My Story – How Health Became a Priority for Me
- How It Works
- What People Have Said
- More About Me
Why Lifestyle Coaching?
If you are serious about taking control of your health, then you need to start changing the way you eat and the way you live. Period.
Most people need help doing this because health has never been a real priority in their lives and they don’t know where to begin. Working with someone who knows what he is doing and has made significant changes in his own life will help accelerate the results that you are looking for.
My Story – How Health Became a Priority for Me
After graduating from college, I moved to New York City in order to work in finance. The high-pressure job led to fast living, too many late nights and lots of self-destructive behavior. Overall, I cared very little as to how I treated my body.
As I approached my 30th birthday, however, I started to think about the potentially disastrous consequences of ignoring my health. I didn’t want to look back at 50 years old, regretting the choices that I had made.
Therefore, I committed to making some serious changes.
- I quit drinking alcohol in 1999 and never relapsed once.
- I quit smoking cigarettes in 2000 and never relapsed once.
- I quit nearly 11 years of antidepressants in 2001 and never relapsed once.
A real shift had taken place as I viewed health in a whole different light – health became a real priority. It became one of my core values and influenced how I lived.
Additionally, I began to view food as medicine. I also began to view the highest quality food available – organic food – as essential to my well-being.
How It Works
My program is about improving your lifestyle and is centered around three core strategies – eating right, meditation and exercise.
When you change the way you eat and the way you approach your day, your entire life will change. And, it will change quickly.
It is a minimum 3-month commitment, and I will specifically create a program that meets your needs. I work with people in both New York City, where I live, and all over the world via Skype.
Due to time constraints from my other business endeavors, I take on a very limited number of clients and only work with people who are extremely committed to making changes in their lives. To learn more, please contact me.
What People Have Said
“Max has had a profound influence on my life. I have known him for over 20 years and his spiritual, tactical and emotional advice has been indispensable. I can safely say that I owe much of my happiness to his guidance. I cannot recommend him more highly.”
– David Lee, Founding Partner of SV Angel
“I never thought food could make me feel so good physically or emotionally. Max’s approach to healthy living is one-of-a-kind and something everyone should experience at least once in their life.”
– Anthony Longo, Founder and CEO of CondoDomain.com
“After 2 months of the daily meditation practice that Max taught me, I was able to lower my blood pressure by 10%, which led my doctor to proclaim “whatever you’re doing is working.” Max listened deeply to my concerns and played a critical role in improving the quality of my life.”
– Chun Ha, Founder of Accel Real Estate
The one that I hear all of the time from friends and family is this:
“I always feel better and much more healthy when I spend time with you.”
More About Me
Health has become a major, major priority in my life and impacts nearly every decision I make. I am constantly looking to improve the way I eat, live and approach my days.
Other information about me that is not on the About Max page.
1) I have been an athlete my entire life and continue to be very active until this day, primarily through my yoga practice. I started playing competitive tennis when I was 8, was named to the Prince All-America team in high school and was elected captain of the men’s team at Brown University.
2) I learned Transcendental Meditation in 1991, have taught meditation (not Transcendental Meditation) to hundreds of people around the country and continue to maintain a very serious meditation practice of my own.
3) After I meditate each morning, I visualize what I want to happen that day and repeat the following out loud:
I am taking this time to create my day and am infecting the quantum field. The positive energy that radiates from my body and soul will attract amazing adventure, interaction with remarkable individuals, and tremendous amount of joy, bliss, laughter, happiness and wealth.
I cannot wait for this day to unfold because today is a very, very special day.
This was inspired by the movie What the Bleep Do We Know? — the most important movie ever made.