In New York City, we are incredibly lucky to have many, many great organic restaurants.
Whether you want raw, vegan, vegetarian, farm-to-table, Latin-infused or Italian, there seems to be something for everyone.
Yet if you’re looking for an organic restaurant that serves simple American classics – soups, salads, sandwiches and burgers – and without table service, it is not that easy to find.
And that’s one of the reasons that Chelsea’s Table in Manhattan is such a welcome addition to the organic restaurant scene here.
I have eaten at Chelsea’s Table numerous times over the last few months and below are a few of the dishes that I have had.
BALSAMIC BLUE SALAD
- The food at Chelsea’s Table is extremely fresh and great tasting. Each item that I have eaten there has been very satisfying and is something that I would definitely order again.
- The service is friendly and warm, and the restaurant is very clean, something of real importance to me.
- Aside from having a big catering business in the city, Chelsea’s Table is now selling pressed organic juice by a company called Juice Well NYC. I would say a majority of organic restaurants do not sell pressed organic juice (they tend to use a centrifugal juicer), so this is great for customers.
- There is a Stonyfield organic dairy bar within Chelsea’s Table that offers a wide variety of yogurts, parfaits, smoothies, frozen yogurts, scoops, and ice cream. This shouldn’t come as much of a surprise since Gary Hirshberg, co-founder of Stonyfield, started the restaurant as well.
- Chelsea’s Table is located at Chelsea Piers, a massive sports and entertainment complex located on the lower west side of Manhattan. If you’ve never been to this part of New York City, definitely make a stop there the next time you in town.
Biking, running, or walking up and down the West Side highway, along the Hudson River, is one the best activities to do in the city. And now having easy access to a great organic restaurant there makes it even better.
Overall, I am a big fan of Chelsea’s Table and they’ll definitely be seeing me again.